Translation of landing in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable and countable (Aerospace, Aviation)(on water)(on moon)to make a good/bad landingforced/emergency landinghacer un buen/mal aterrizajeaterrizaje forzoso/de emergencia(before noun) (field/light/procedure)landing wheelsde aterrizaje1.2 countable (Military, Nautical) 1.3 uncountable (of cargo)ruedas (feminine plural) de aterrizaje(of troops)Example sentences
- My sigh of relief when the pilot executed a perfect landing and brought the vessel to a safe stop was as deep as anyone's I reckon.
- Tailwind landings have you flying down final at an excess groundspeed, but at a given angle of descent.
- Over the next several years, I remember it experienced two wheels-up landings from hard landing practice with students.
- The island's white sand beaches are bordered by razor wire and concrete structures that are supposed to prevent enemy troop landings.
- The total number of Allied troops involved in the landings was 65,000, a little more than half the strength of the French forces in North Africa.
- This year marked the 90th anniversary of the landing of Anzac troops in Gallipoli.
- 2 countable (on staircase)Example sentences
- The man still continued down another flight of stairs from the landing of the second floor.
- He stepped across the threshold of the tunnel and onto a landing of a flight stairs.
- Stairs rise from the landing to the attic room, which is floored and panelled in wood and features two velux windows and a good amount of eaves storage.
- 3 countable → landing stage
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.