Translation of landing in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable or countable (Aerospace, Aviation)(on water) acuatizaje (masculine)(on moon) alunizaje (masculine)to make a good/bad landinghacer un buen/mal aterrizajeforced/emergency landingaterrizaje forzoso/de emergencia(before noun) (field/light/procedure)landing wheels
de aterrizajeruedas (feminine plural) de aterrizajeExample sentences1.2 countable (Military, Nautical)
Example sentences1.3 uncountable (of cargo)
- My sigh of relief when the pilot executed a perfect landing and brought the vessel to a safe stop was as deep as anyone's I reckon.
- Tailwind landings have you flying down final at an excess groundspeed, but at a given angle of descent.
- Over the next several years, I remember it experienced two wheels-up landings from hard landing practice with students.
(of troops) desembarco (masculine)
- The island's white sand beaches are bordered by razor wire and concrete structures that are supposed to prevent enemy troop landings.
- The total number of Allied troops involved in the landings was 65,000, a little more than half the strength of the French forces in North Africa.
- This year marked the 90th anniversary of the landing of Anzac troops in Gallipoli.
- 2 countable (on staircase)Example sentences
- The man still continued down another flight of stairs from the landing of the second floor.
- He stepped across the threshold of the tunnel and onto a landing of a flight stairs.
- Stairs rise from the landing to the attic room, which is floored and panelled in wood and features two velux windows and a good amount of eaves storage.
- 3 countable → landing stage
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.