Translation of landing in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 u and c [Aerospace/Espacio] [Aviation/Aviación] aterrizaje (masculine); (on water) acuatizaje (masculine); (on sea) amarizaje (masculine), amerizaje (masculine); (on moon) alunizaje (masculine) to make a good/bad landing hacer* un buen/mal aterrizaje forced/emergency landing aterrizaje forzoso/de emergencia (before noun/delante del nombre) [field/light/procedure] de aterrizaje landing wheels ruedas (feminine plural) de aterrizaje 1.2 countable/numerable [Military/Militar] [Nautical/Náutica] desembarco (masculine), desembarque (masculine) 1.3 uncountable/no numerable (of cargo) descarga (feminine); (of troops) desembarco (masculine)Example sentences
- My sigh of relief when the pilot executed a perfect landing and brought the vessel to a safe stop was as deep as anyone's I reckon.
- Tailwind landings have you flying down final at an excess groundspeed, but at a given angle of descent.
- Over the next several years, I remember it experienced two wheels-up landings from hard landing practice with students.
- The island's white sand beaches are bordered by razor wire and concrete structures that are supposed to prevent enemy troop landings.
- The total number of Allied troops involved in the landings was 65,000, a little more than half the strength of the French forces in North Africa.
- This year marked the 90th anniversary of the landing of Anzac troops in Gallipoli.
- 2 countable/numerable (on staircase) rellano (masculine), descansillo (masculine), descanso (masculine) (Colombia) (Southern Cone/Cono Sur)Example sentences
- The man still continued down another flight of stairs from the landing of the second floor.
- He stepped across the threshold of the tunnel and onto a landing of a flight stairs.
- Stairs rise from the landing to the attic room, which is floored and panelled in wood and features two velux windows and a good amount of eaves storage.
- 3 countable/numerable landing stage
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.