- 1 1.1 u c [Aerosp] [Aviat] aterrizaje (m); (on water) acuatizaje (m); (on sea) amarizaje (m), amerizaje (m); (on moon) alunizaje (m) to make a good/bad landing hacer* un buen/mal aterrizaje forced/emergency landing aterrizaje forzoso/de emergencia (before n) [field/light/procedure] de aterrizaje landing gear tren (m) de aterrizaje landing strip pista (f) de aterrizaje landing wheels ruedas (fpl) de aterrizaje 1.2 c [Mil] [Naut] desembarco (m), desembarque (m) (before n) landing craft lancha (f) de desembarco 1.3 u (of cargo) descarga (f); (of troops) desembarco (m) (before n) landing net salabardo (m)More example sentences
More example sentences
- My sigh of relief when the pilot executed a perfect landing and brought the vessel to a safe stop was as deep as anyone's I reckon.
- Tailwind landings have you flying down final at an excess groundspeed, but at a given angle of descent.
- Over the next several years, I remember it experienced two wheels-up landings from hard landing practice with students.
- The island's white sand beaches are bordered by razor wire and concrete structures that are supposed to prevent enemy troop landings.
- The total number of Allied troops involved in the landings was 65,000, a little more than half the strength of the French forces in North Africa.
- This year marked the 90th anniversary of the landing of Anzac troops in Gallipoli.
- 2 c (on staircase) rellano (m), descansillo (m), descanso (m) (Col, CS)More example sentences
- The man still continued down another flight of stairs from the landing of the second floor.
- He stepped across the threshold of the tunnel and onto a landing of a flight stairs.
- Stairs rise from the landing to the attic room, which is floored and panelled in wood and features two velux windows and a good amount of eaves storage.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Onda Cero is a radio network broadcasting on AM and FM. It is owned by Telefónica, Spain's most important telecommunications group.