- 1.1 (well-known feature) one of London's most famous landmarks uno de los monumentos ( or edificios etc) más famosos de Londres use the tower as a landmark if you get lost utilice la torre como punto de referencia si se pierdeMore example sentences1.2 (historic building) monumento (m) histórico
More example sentences1.3 (milestone) mojón (m); (event) hito (m) the promotion was a landmark in his career el ascenso marcó un hito en su carrera (before n) [discovery/decision] que marca ( or marcó etc) un hito (histórico) one of the country's landmark painters (AmE) un pintor cuya obra hizo ( or ha hecho etc) época
- Acquire a ten-digit grid location of a landmark easily picked out on imagery such as a road intersection.
- It paints a very recognisable picture of Swindon, mentioning the train station and other landmarks in the town centre.
- Gamers familiar with some tracks will easily be able to pick out certain landmarks or other features from their real-life counterparts.
More example sentences
- We must continue to bear security checks at our major sporting events, our theme parks, and our major historic landmarks and buildings.
- Neon lights, theatrically lighted landmarks and monuments, and carnivals all present picture opportunities that don't show up by daylight.
- As a heritage trail, the park includes a network of major cultural landmarks, principal monuments, historic sites and open spaces.
More example sentences
- It's a landmark and a county boundary that links East to West.
- In 1960 he helped organize the first Situation exhibition, an important landmark in British abstract art.
- The National Pension Program is an important landmark in Taiwan's evolution toward a welfare state.
- Recently the parliamentary elections were held in Uzbekistan which become an important landmark in further democratization of the country.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.