Translation of landslide in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Geography/Geografía] derrumbamiento (masculine) or derrumbe (masculine) or desprendimiento (masculine) de tierrasExample sentences1.2 [Politics/Política] victoria (feminine) aplastante or arrolladora; (before noun/delante del nombre) [majority] aplastante, abrumador; [victory] aplastante, arrollador
- Kelvin slid down the muddy slope, a landslide of earth, rock and ferns pushing him to the foot of the rise.
- Flash flooding caused bridges to collapse and landslides are blocking roads to devastated coastal villages.
- Troops were deployed in helicopters after landslides and collapsed buildings blocked roads.
- I maintain that if any mainstream political party were to embrace the above they would win the next General Election by a landslide.
- The NLD won the 1990 general election by a landslide but has since been blocked from coming to power.
- He also inaugurated his own War on Poverty, winning the 1964 election by a landslide.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.