Translation of lane in Spanish:
- 1 (in countryside)(alleyway) callejón (masculine)Example sentences
- Then the group set off up the narrow winding lane to the main road and the lay-by.
- Sitting in front of the computer screen you get a driver's eye view as you travel along narrow streets, busy roads and winding country lanes in various weather conditions.
- We traveled to the outskirts of Osaka and we proceeded to walk through a traditional residential area with narrow lanes until we arrived at an old house.
- 2 (Transport) 2.1 (for road traffic) bus/bicycle lanecarril (masculine) de autobuses/bicicletasto change lanescambiar de carril ( or de pista etc. )a three-lane highwayuna autopista de tres carriles ( or pistas etc. )traffic is reduced to a single lanese circula por un solo carril ( or pista etc. )to live in the fast lane [colloquial]vivir a toda máquinavivir a tope (Spain) [colloquial](before noun) lane closurecarril cerrado ( or pista cerrada etc. )lane disciplinedisciplina (feminine) de carril ( or pista etc. )lane markingslíneas (feminine plural) divisorias de carriles ( or pistas etc. )Example sentences2.2 (for ships) sea/shipping lane
ruta marítima/de navegaciónExample sentences2.3 (for aircraft)
- The eastbound carriageway will close from Monday until December 20, with traffic running in single lanes in each direction on the westbound side.
- Until then, the contraflow system on the westbound carriageway allowing a single lane of traffic in each direction will continue.
- Only the concrete dividers separating the opposing lanes of traffic broke the utter flatness.
pasillo (masculine) aéreo
- It is also geographically near the primary shipping lanes for oil tankers that ply the route between Japan and the Middle East.
- Half the world's ocean-going cargo follows shipping lanes past the islands, and rich deposits of oil and natural gas are thought to lie beneath the nearby sea.
- Plans to move the wreck of destroyer HMS Wakeful out of a shipping lane have been amended to allow the ship to safely remain where she sank during the Dunkirk evacuation in 1940.
corredor (masculine) aéreo
via (feminine) aérea
- 3 (Sport) 3.1 (in athletics)Example sentences3.2 (in bowling)
- I like to mix up the lanes and have swimmers race a bit in practice.
- If the swimmers in lanes two and four switch places by crossing the active swimming lane between them, time and space are once again out of sync.
- Breast Stroke swimmers should avoid using lanes allocated for fast swimming.
- In the last issue, we reviewed the terms and definitions for bowling balls, lanes, and lane play.
- They come in handy when you need to cream some extra traction between your bowling ball and the lane.
- I am having problems picking out the right type of bowling ball for heavily oiled lanes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.