Translation of lane in Spanish:
- 1 (in countryside)(alleyway)Example sentences
- Then the group set off up the narrow winding lane to the main road and the lay-by.
- Sitting in front of the computer screen you get a driver's eye view as you travel along narrow streets, busy roads and winding country lanes in various weather conditions.
- We traveled to the outskirts of Osaka and we proceeded to walk through a traditional residential area with narrow lanes until we arrived at an old house.
- 2 (Transport) 2.1 (for road traffic)bus/bicycle lanecarril (masculine) or (Chile) pista (feminine) or (River Plate area) senda (feminine)to change lanescarril (masculine) de autobuses/bicicletasa three-lane highwaycambiar de carril ( or de pista etc)traffic is reduced to a single laneuna autopista de tres carriles ( or pistas etc)to live in the fast lane [colloquial]se circula por un solo carril ( or pista etc)(before noun) lane closurevivir a toda máquinalane disciplinecarril cerrado ( or pista cerrada etc)lane markingsdisciplina (feminine) de carril ( or pista etc)2.2 (for ships) sea/shipping lanelíneas (feminine plural) divisorias de carriles ( or pistas etc)ruta marítima/de navegaciónExample sentences2.3 (for aircraft)
pasillo (masculine) or corredor (masculine) aéreovia (feminine) aéreaExample sentences
- It is also geographically near the primary shipping lanes for oil tankers that ply the route between Japan and the Middle East.
- Half the world's ocean-going cargo follows shipping lanes past the islands, and rich deposits of oil and natural gas are thought to lie beneath the nearby sea.
- Plans to move the wreck of destroyer HMS Wakeful out of a shipping lane have been amended to allow the ship to safely remain where she sank during the Dunkirk evacuation in 1940.
- The eastbound carriageway will close from Monday until December 20, with traffic running in single lanes in each direction on the westbound side.
- Until then, the contraflow system on the westbound carriageway allowing a single lane of traffic in each direction will continue.
- Only the concrete dividers separating the opposing lanes of traffic broke the utter flatness.
- 3 (Sport) 3.1 (in athletics) 3.2 (in bowling)Example sentences
- In the last issue, we reviewed the terms and definitions for bowling balls, lanes, and lane play.
- They come in handy when you need to cream some extra traction between your bowling ball and the lane.
- I am having problems picking out the right type of bowling ball for heavily oiled lanes.
- I like to mix up the lanes and have swimmers race a bit in practice.
- If the swimmers in lanes two and four switch places by crossing the active swimming lane between them, time and space are once again out of sync.
- Breast Stroke swimmers should avoid using lanes allocated for fast swimming.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.