Translation of lank in Spanish:
- [hair] lacio; [figure] desgarbado, larguirucho [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- My hair was lank and dull, I was very thin, brown pigmentation began to spread up my arms and on my cheeks; I was depressingly unattractive.
- She belongs round the back of the bike sheds, her hair is lank, her eyes are usually dull, and she is not expected to be a high-achiever academically.
- He has lank hair, with a receding hairline, and nice hands.
- First of all, his lank, angular appearance combined with his monotone voice and gloomy disposition aren't very soothing and reassuring.
- He was thin and dark as the world itself, like a plant stuck in the shadows, growing tall and lank, reaching for the sun that was just a little higher… always a little higher out of reach of the Dark.
- The man, now 25 years old, was lank and thin, bound to a bed by the wrists and ankles, his mouth sealed with electrical tape.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.