- (of body) falda (feminine), regazo (masculine) [literary/literario] he sat on his father's lap se sentó en la falda or en las rodillas de su padre he dropped the problem in my lap me pasó el problema, me endilgó el problema [colloquial/familiar] in the lap of luxury en un lujo asiático we spent a week in the lap of luxury pasamos una semana a cuerpo de rey or en un lujo asiático to be in the lap of the gods their fate is in the lap of the gods su destino queda librado al azar we've done all we could, now it's in the lap of the gods hemos hecho todo lo que podíamos, ahora Dios dirá or que sea lo que Dios quiera to fall o drop into sb's lap caerle* como llovido del cielo a algn it won't fall into your lap no te va a caer como llovido del cieloMore example sentences
More example sentences
- The lower portion of the belt should be flat across the lap and as low as possible on the hip so that the impact is spread across the hip-bones rather than the abdomen.
- His head lies on her lap with his arms wrapped around her waist.
- I turned towards Alex and sat down on his lap with my knees on either side of his body, facing him.
- You've got to like wind in the trees, sun on the water, the lap of waves against rock.
- All he could hear was the wind sighing in the trees and the soft lap of water against the wall surrounding the lake.
- He listened to the ship, hearing the creaking and the lap of water against the hull.
- 2 (stage) etapa (feminine) the first lap of the journey la primera etapa del viaje
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-pp-)
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo (-pp-)
- (splash) chapalear to lap
againststh lamer or besar algo [literary/literario]
- (of wave) chapaleteo (masculine), chapaleo (masculine)
lap upverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento 1.1 (drink) [milk/water] beber a lengüetazos 1.2 (relish) deleitarse or regodearse con he told the most obscene jokes and the audience lapped it all up contó los chistes más obscenos y el público se deleitó or se regodeó con ellos