Translation of lapidary in Spanish:
- 1 (precise, terse)(style)
- While their lives overlapped for only one year, they were both masters of clear, witty insight, and they both wrote in a brilliant lapidary English.
- To be successful, it had to be concise, dignified and durable; in short, lapidary (from the Latin lapis, stone).
- Archeologist Timothy Taylor determines with lapidary concision that ‘There are no laws of human behavior.’
- Meanwhile Mr Musonda said two local companies were interested in setting up lapidary centres for the cutting and polishing of gemstones at the exchange which would add value to the stones.
- This switch of emphasis from lapidary to wheel-face cutting is probably attributable to recent technological improvements.
- This attractive material is mostly consumed by the lapidary market for jewelry and decorative specimens for dressing windows and display cases.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.