Translation of lard in Spanish:
- manteca (feminine) or (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) grasa (feminine) de cerdo he's a tub o lump of lard [colloquial/familiar] es una bola de grasa [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- I'm rolling in blubber, drowning in my own lard.
- Prof Barnett and his colleagues have been at the forefront of research into the understanding that fat cells around the waistline are not passive lumps of lard but are highly active, pumping out proteins and hormones.
- These are essentially sexless mutants who don't waste their energy on looking for Mr or Mrs Right for some fun in the spawning season but devote their instincts on overeating and laying on the lard.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [Cookery/Cocina] [meat] mechar; [pan] untar or engrasar con manteca or (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) grasa de cerdo 1.2 (intersperse) to lard sth
withsth salpicar* algo dealgo her conversation was larded with anecdotes su conversación estuvo salpicada de anécdotas
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is the Día de los Santos Inocentes, a religious festival celebrated in the Spanish-speaking world to commemorate the New Testament story of the massacre of the "Innocents", by playing practical jokes, or inocentadas, on one another. The classic inocentada is to hang paper dolls on someone's back without their knowing. Spoof news stories also appear in newspapers and the media.