Translation of lard in Spanish:
- manteca (feminine) or (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) grasa (feminine) de cerdo he's a tub o lump of lard [colloquial/familiar] es una bola de grasa [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- I'm rolling in blubber, drowning in my own lard.
- Prof Barnett and his colleagues have been at the forefront of research into the understanding that fat cells around the waistline are not passive lumps of lard but are highly active, pumping out proteins and hormones.
- These are essentially sexless mutants who don't waste their energy on looking for Mr or Mrs Right for some fun in the spawning season but devote their instincts on overeating and laying on the lard.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [Cookery/Cocina] [meat] mechar; [pan] untar or engrasar con manteca or (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) grasa de cerdo 1.2 (intersperse) to lard sth
withsth salpicar* algo dealgo her conversation was larded with anecdotes su conversación estuvo salpicada de anécdotas
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Zarzuela is a musical drama consisting of alternating passages of dialogue, songs, choruses, and dancing, that originated in Spain in the seventeenth century. Its name comes from the Zarzuela palace, Madrid. It is also popular in Latin America.