Translation of large in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (larger, largest)
The usual translation of large, grande, becomes gran when it precedes a singular noun.
- 1 1.1 (in size) [area/room] grande a large garden un jardín grande, un gran jardín he's a large man es un hombre corpulento or [colloquial/familiar] grandote she has a large nose tiene la nariz grande try on a larger size pruébate una talla or (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) un talle más grande large print letra (feminine) or tipo (masculine) grande 1.2 (in number, amount) [family/crowd] grande, numeroso a large proportion of my income gran parte or una buena parte de mis ingresos he drew a large audience atrajo (a) una gran cantidad de público the largest collection of stamps in the world la mayor colección de sellos del mundoExample sentences
- Preterm infants get cold quickly because of their relatively large surface area.
- Not being inordinately large in size, he had the advantage of being an amateur boxer.
- Is there a relatively large group of people or an area that could be swayed by such arguments?
- 2 (in scope) [issue/question/view] amplioExample sentences
- Hence we should treat them instead with a large range of pharmaceutical agents.
- This large range in ripe grapes is an important source of variation in quality.
- It will be seen from this that Bellavitis worked on a large range of mathematical topics.
- 1at large 1.1 (at liberty) to be at large [murderer/tiger] andar* suelto 1.2 (as a whole) en general the public at large el público en general it will benefit society at large beneficiará a la sociedad en general 1.3 (in US) representative at large[ representante de todo un estado o distrito en el Congreso o Senado de los EEUU ] 1.4 (in detail) [formal] exhaustivamente, en profundidad
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a