Translation of latch in Spanish:
- (on lock)the door is on the latchla puerta no está cerrada con llaveExample sentences
- Within seconds, I had located the latch and opened the door.
- Wasting no time I pulled on my trousers and buckled them, kicking into my shoes and grabbing my shirt and jacket when the door latch opened.
- He fumbled for the latch to open his door, and left the limousine and the beautiful woman behind as quickly as he could.
- the door is latchedla puerta está con pestillo or con el pasador echadoExample sentences
- Kathryn rolled her eyes and latched the door securely.
- Once the viewing was over, they latched the door again, in silence.
- And he shushed her, pulling her into the house, and latching the back door.
- (understand) [colloquial]
- 1 1.1 (get hold of, catch)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.