Translation of layer in Spanish:
- 1(of dust, paint, snow) capa (feminine)her hair was cut in layersllevaba el pelo cortado en or (Spain) a capas or (River Plate area) rebajadothe novel has several layers of meaningla novela tiene varias lecturas or interpretacionesExample sentences
- Like your eyelashes, so blond they were only noticeable when you blinked and the top row met the bottom in a layer of double thickness.
- Depending on various factors, you might need to place a layer of base material on top of the subgrade.
- Once the desired quantity of trees had been installed, a layer of geotextile material was deposited on top to keep contaminants out of the stream.
- 1 (arrange in layers) I had my hair layeredme corté el pelo en or (Spain) a capasme rebajé el pelo (River Plate area)layer the pasta and the sauce in a dishponga la pasta y la salsa en capas en una fuenteExample sentences
- Ashlee's hair is layered to just below her shoulders.
- Find and inspect some pictures of people with curly, layered hair.
- Her hair was perfectly layered and moved beautifully around her throughout the episode!
- 2 (propagate)(plant)
- Rather than buying more plants, Eva propagates her own by layering.
- To propagate, follow the same procedure as with red currants - take cuttings in late fall or early spring, or propagate by layering.
- It is also propagated by layering, divisions and by seed which it sets in profusion.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.