- 1 (of dust, paint, snow) capa (f); (of rock, sediment) capa (f), estrato (m) her hair was cut in layers llevaba el pelo cortado en or (Esp) a capas or (RPl) rebajado the novel has several layers of meaning la novela tiene varias lecturas or interpretaciones (before n) layer cake pastel (m) rellenoMore example sentences
- Like your eyelashes, so blond they were only noticeable when you blinked and the top row met the bottom in a layer of double thickness.
- Depending on various factors, you might need to place a layer of base material on top of the subgrade.
- Once the desired quantity of trees had been installed, a layer of geotextile material was deposited on top to keep contaminants out of the stream.
- 1 (arrange in layers) I had my hair layered me corté el pelo en or (Esp) a capas, me rebajé el pelo (RPl) layer the pasta and the sauce in a dish ponga la pasta y la salsa en capas en una fuenteMore example sentences
- Ashlee's hair is layered to just below her shoulders.
- Find and inspect some pictures of people with curly, layered hair.
- Her hair was perfectly layered and moved beautifully around her throughout the episode!
- 2 [Hort] acodarMore example sentences
- Rather than buying more plants, Eva propagates her own by layering.
- To propagate, follow the same procedure as with red currants - take cuttings in late fall or early spring, or propagate by layering.
- It is also propagated by layering, divisions and by seed which it sets in profusion.