Translation of layer in Spanish:
- 1 (of dust, paint, snow) capa (feminine); (of rock, sediment) capa (feminine), estrato (masculine) her hair was cut in layers llevaba el pelo cortado en or (Spain/España) a capas or (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) rebajado the novel has several layers of meaning la novela tiene varias lecturas or interpretacionesExample sentences
- Like your eyelashes, so blond they were only noticeable when you blinked and the top row met the bottom in a layer of double thickness.
- Depending on various factors, you might need to place a layer of base material on top of the subgrade.
- Once the desired quantity of trees had been installed, a layer of geotextile material was deposited on top to keep contaminants out of the stream.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 (arrange in layers) I had my hair layered me corté el pelo en or (Spain/España) a capas, me rebajé el pelo (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) layer the pasta and the sauce in a dish ponga la pasta y la salsa en capas en una fuente
- 2 (propagate) [plant] acodar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.