Translation of layer in Spanish:
- 1 (of dust, paint, snow) capa (feminine); (of rock, sediment) capa (feminine), estrato (masculine) her hair was cut in layers llevaba el pelo cortado en or (Spain/España) a capas or (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) rebajado the novel has several layers of meaning la novela tiene varias lecturas or interpretacionesExample sentences
- Like your eyelashes, so blond they were only noticeable when you blinked and the top row met the bottom in a layer of double thickness.
- Depending on various factors, you might need to place a layer of base material on top of the subgrade.
- Once the desired quantity of trees had been installed, a layer of geotextile material was deposited on top to keep contaminants out of the stream.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 (arrange in layers) I had my hair layered me corté el pelo en or (Spain/España) a capas, me rebajé el pelo (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) layer the pasta and the sauce in a dish ponga la pasta y la salsa en capas en una fuente
- 2 (propagate) [plant] acodar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.