Translation of layer in Spanish:
- 1 (of dust, paint, snow) her hair was cut in layersthe novel has several layers of meaningllevaba el pelo cortado en or (Spain) a capas or (River Plate area) rebajadola novela tiene varias lecturas or interpretacionesExample sentences
- Like your eyelashes, so blond they were only noticeable when you blinked and the top row met the bottom in a layer of double thickness.
- Depending on various factors, you might need to place a layer of base material on top of the subgrade.
- Once the desired quantity of trees had been installed, a layer of geotextile material was deposited on top to keep contaminants out of the stream.
- 1 (arrange in layers) See examples: I had my hair layeredlayer the pasta and the sauce in a dishme corté el pelo en or (Spain) a capasme rebajé el pelo (River Plate area)ponga la pasta y la salsa en capas en una fuenteExample sentences
- Ashlee's hair is layered to just below her shoulders.
- Find and inspect some pictures of people with curly, layered hair.
- Her hair was perfectly layered and moved beautifully around her throughout the episode!
- 2 (propagate)(plant)Example sentences
- Rather than buying more plants, Eva propagates her own by layering.
- To propagate, follow the same procedure as with red currants - take cuttings in late fall or early spring, or propagate by layering.
- It is also propagated by layering, divisions and by seed which it sets in profusion.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.