Translation of layman in Spanish:
noun plural -menPronunciation: /-mən/
- 1 (non-expert) a book written for the laymanun libro dirigido al gran públicowhich, in layman's terms, means …
un libro dirigido al lector lego or profano en la materialo que significa, en lenguaje más accesible, …
- 2 (Religion)seglar (masculine or feminine)
laico, (-ca) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- The key to accomplishing this must surely be the biblical training of pastors and active laymen.
- In the United States Armenian priests are elected by laymen and ordained by bishops, but confirmed by the Patriarch, who resides in Armenia.
- The priests, pastors, and laymen of this religion are the people of America.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.