Translation of layman in Spanish:
noun plural -menPronunciation: /-mən/
- 1 (non-expert) a book written for the laymanun libro dirigido al gran públicowhich, in layman's terms, means …
un libro dirigido al lector lego or profano en la materialo que significa, en lenguaje más accesible, …
- 2 (Religion)seglar (masculine or feminine)
laico, (-ca) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Renditions from the twelfth and thirteenth centuries show a sequence of discrete scenes, including one in which monks and laymen are assembled before an imposing sculpted icon.
- The secular churches were prominent patrons, as were the leading individual laymen and ecclesiastics.
- In one story, a layman coming to pray at the church places a money offering at the foot of the cross.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.