Translation of leader in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (of group, movement, political party)(of expedition)jefe, (-fa) (masculine, feminine)(of gang)the leaders of the demo were …jefe, (-fa) (masculine, feminine)the country's political and spiritual leadersla manifestación iba encabezada por …the union leaderslas autoridades políticas y religiosas del paísthe leaders of the rebellionlos dirigentes del sindicatothe Leader of the Opposition (in UK)los cabecillas de la rebeliónthe party lacks a strong leaderel líder de la oposiciónleader for the defence (British English) (Law) leader of the packel partido carece de un líder fuerte(person)cabecilla (masculine and feminine) de la banda(animal)leader of the orchestra (conductor) (American English)cabeza (feminine) de la manada1.2 (in race, competition)director, (-tora) (masculine, feminine) (de orquesta)she couldn't keep up with the leadersprimero, (-ra) (masculine, feminine)the Nationals are the leadersno podía mantenerse al ritmo de los que iban en cabezaa leader of fashionlos Nacionales van a la cabeza or en cabezathis product is the world/market leaderun árbitro de la modaeste producto es el líder mundial/del mercado
- 2(British English) (Journalism)(before noun) leader writerExample sentences
- Newspapers have leaders or editorials or whatever they call them where you live, but not poetry.
- In leaders and news reports, the paper's editors and reporters ignore the unsustainable nature of endless economic growth on a finite planet.
- Today the Guardian newspaper even featured blogging in its editorial leader column.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.