adjective before noun
- 1 (principal) she played a leading role in …tuvo un papel destacado en …she was a leading figure in the movementfue una de las grandes figuras del movimientoavailable at leading record stores
fue una de las figuras principales del movimientoen venta en las principales casas de músicathe country is the world's leading oil-produceres el país líder or puntero en la producción de petróleo(Theater)
primera actriz (feminine)(Theater)
primer actor (masculine)Example sentences
- Craven District Council has played a leading role as main sponsor of the project.
- She danced all the leading ballerina roles, foremost among them Odette-Odile and Kitri.
- He has figured in a number of leading roles for Ballinrobe Musical Society, including Danilo in The Merry Widow.
- 2 (in front)(runner/horse/driver)
que va a la cabeza or en cabeza
- Example sentences
- Things can be learned in many ways (spiritual leading is one way you pointed).
- It is a longing for a church that raises up leaders who recognize that leading and listening are not mutually exclusive.
- Thus, if we are not willing to give total obedience to his leading, we should not pray for blessing from above.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.