Translation of leak in Spanish:
- 1.1(shoes/tent)dejar pasar el agua(tap)the pipe leaksthe roof is leakingla cañería pierde agua ( or aire etc)hay un escape en la cañeríathis pen leakshay una gotera/hay goteras en el techoentra agua por el tejadoesta pluma pierde tintaExample sentences1.2 (escape)
(liquid)water had leaked through the ceilingescaparsesalirsehabía entrado agua por el techo
- Salvage and rescue workers who were rushed to the scene said one of the sunken acid containers was slowly leaking into the river.
- The upended containers leaked, but they held together.
- I got to work this morning and found that my lunch box had leaked into my bag, and there was pesto sauce from my pasta salad coating the inside of the bag.
- 1.1 the car was leaking oil1.2el coche perdía aceite(information)the report was leaked to the pressfiltraron el informe a la prensaExample sentences
- The next three days were dominated by stories about the merits of the broadcast and who leaked information about the girl's family and not, as Labour had hoped, on general health issues.
- He said it was his hope ‘that we will witness a grand jury investigation with reporters present being asked to reveal who is leaking this information’.
- Information was leaked to the press at the time of the shooting, indicating that the Brazilian had behaved in such a way as to encourage the police in their belief that he was a terrorist.
- He warned that the fetid water could spread disease and that natural gas was leaking all over town.
- This is from where, on the night of December 3, 1984, tons of poisonous gas leaked.
- The people who are left out in this system are like canaries that miners took with them; if poisonous gas were leaking into the mine, the canaries would sicken.
- 1 1.1 (in bucket, boat, pipe)(in roof)the boat sprang a leak1.2 (escaping liquid, gas) a gas leakel bote empezó a hacer aguaun escape de gasExample sentences1.3 (of information)
- While diesel is less flammable than gasoline, any fuel leak creates serious safety and environmental risks in a marine setting.
- If it is found that the hole is nothing to do with the leak then we will pass on the cost to the council.
- Yes, yes, its function is plain: it seals the hole, preventing leaks.
- Even before this happened, you needed one of the secret decoder rings to get any sort of leaks or information out of this White House.
- The leak of secret or classified information is also troubling the Government.
- You're always going to be pursued by your data shadow, which is forming from thousands and thousands of little leaks and tributaries of information.
- Vehicles passing over the leaks then cause the damaged surface to break up, creating loose stones which could fly off, causing damage or injury they said.
- This stuff is useful for filling in holes and leaks, and for burning skin upon contact, in either its resin or powder form.
- In such times, we cling desperately to the life raft of the First Amendment, yet we must also remain aware of its leaks and holes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.