Translation of leapfrog in Spanish:
- to play leapfrogsaltar al potro
jugar a la pídola
brincar al burro (Mexico)
jugar al rango (River Plate area)Example sentences
- This game of electoral leapfrog might be in the best interest of individual states, but it's destructive to the national interest.
- Key states play leapfrog in the skirmish for early primary dates.
intransitive verb -gg-
transitive verb -gg-
- she leapfrogged her less ambitious colleaguesdejó atrás a sus colegas menos ambiciososExample sentences
- So when she gets into the job market, graduates younger than her are leapfrogging for positions.
- The bait: an opportunity for politicians-in-the-making to leapfrog into lofty party positions.
- Without a large and well-integrated base, any attempt to leapfrog by moving in unproven directions in technological growth can lead to long-term problems, even if there are some gains in the short term.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.