Translation of learned in Spanish:
- [scholar] docto, sabio, erudito; [allusion/work] erudito it appeared in a learned journal salió en una publicación especializada she belongs to various learned bodies es miembro de varias agrupaciones académicas my learned colleague (British English/inglés británico) [formal] mi distinguido colegaExample sentences
- And he was learned and perspicacious enough to see that the rigidity which the old Labour party embraced would entail its own reaction.
- I have studied under learned professors in stately halls of learning.
- The ideal would be to study those very same books under the auspices of a learned teacher.
- Data from scientists in the field were published in learned society journals.
- It is good to have this learned and scholarly life back in circulation.
- Founded in 1660, the Society has three roles, as the UK academy of science, as a learned Society, and as a funding agency.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is the Día de los Santos Inocentes, a religious festival celebrated in the Spanish-speaking world to commemorate the New Testament story of the massacre of the "Innocents", by playing practical jokes, or inocentadas, on one another. The classic inocentada is to hang paper dolls on someone's back without their knowing. Spoof news stories also appear in newspapers and the media.