Translation of learned in Spanish:
- [scholar] docto, sabio, erudito; [allusion/work] erudito it appeared in a learned journal salió en una publicación especializada she belongs to various learned bodies es miembro de varias agrupaciones académicas my learned colleague (British English/inglés británico) [formal] mi distinguido colegaExample sentences
- And he was learned and perspicacious enough to see that the rigidity which the old Labour party embraced would entail its own reaction.
- I have studied under learned professors in stately halls of learning.
- The ideal would be to study those very same books under the auspices of a learned teacher.
- Data from scientists in the field were published in learned society journals.
- It is good to have this learned and scholarly life back in circulation.
- Founded in 1660, the Society has three roles, as the UK academy of science, as a learned Society, and as a funding agency.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.