- [scholar] docto, sabio, erudito; [allusion/work] erudito it appeared in a learned journal salió en una publicación especializada she belongs to various learned bodies es miembro de varias agrupaciones académicas my learned colleague (BrE) [formal] mi distinguido colegaMore example sentences
More example sentences
- And he was learned and perspicacious enough to see that the rigidity which the old Labour party embraced would entail its own reaction.
- I have studied under learned professors in stately halls of learning.
- The ideal would be to study those very same books under the auspices of a learned teacher.
- Data from scientists in the field were published in learned society journals.
- It is good to have this learned and scholarly life back in circulation.
- Founded in 1660, the Society has three roles, as the UK academy of science, as a learned Society, and as a funding agency.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.