Translation of least in Spanish:
- 1→ little 1 2she has the least moneyes quien menos dinero tiene
- 2 2.1 (smallest, slightest)the least little thing would upset himmás mínimoI haven't the least idea where she isse disgustaba por la más mínima cosa or por lo más mínimowithout the least difficultyno tengo ni la más mínima idea de dónde estáI'm not the least bit interestedsin la menor dificultadthat's the least of my worriesno me interesa en lo más mínimo2.2 (lowest, humblest) [literary]eso es lo que menos me preocupaeso es lo de menosmás humilde
- 1→ little 2to say the leastit's the least I can dopor no decir másit's the least I'm willing to acceptes lo menos que puedo haceres el precio mínimo que estoy dispuesto a aceptar
- 2 (in adv phrases) See examples: at leastthere were 100 people there at leastcomo mínimoyou might at least make an efforthabía por lo menos or como mínimo unas 100 personashe can't afford it; at least that's what he saysal menos or por lo menos podrías hacer un esfuerzoin the leastno puede permitírselo; al menos eso es lo que diceshe didn't seem in the least concerned about iten lo más mínimoam I disturbing you? — not in the leastno parecía preocuparle en lo más mínimo¿te molesto? — en lo más mínimo or en absolutoExample sentences
- Thomson's theorem states that electrically charged particles arrange themselves so as to have the least energy.
- Everyone knows what has to be done and how it is to be done with the least civil disruption.
- 1→ little 3least of all youwhen you least expect ittú menos que nadiecuando menos te lo esperasExample sentences
- As the drivers of old bangers are the least able to afford to invest heavily in a new car, this policy seems unfair.
- Paragliders are not cheap, though they represent one of the least expensive ways to get into the air.
- Those who are entitled to tax credits are the least able to afford this delay.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.