Translation of ledge in Spanish:
- 1.1 (on wall) cornisa (feminine)(window ledge)(exterior) alféizar (masculine) or antepecho (masculine) (de la ventana); (interior) repisa (feminine) (de la ventana) 1.2 (on cliff) saliente (masculine) or (feminine)Example sentences1.3 (underwater ridge) arrecife (masculine)
- Next month we'll look at those tricky double ledges where a second ledge is close behind the first.
- The water droplets that remain on surfaces leave mineral deposits that form little ledges that collect more mineral deposits and scum each time the shower is used.
- It has a rich and varied flora due to a combination of limestone ledges and limey soils, and separate areas of non-limy glacial deposits.
- Cleaner wrasses set up cleaning stations near rocks or under ledges on the reef.
- Turtles rest on the reef top or on ledges beneath coral overhangs, though they can often be seen cruising along the reef edge.
- My buddy enthusiastically pointed out a lobster beneath a ledge, as well as a miniature version that was only about 3cm long!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.