- 1.1 (on wall) cornisa (feminine)(window ledge)(exterior) alféizar (m) or antepecho (m) (de la ventana); (interior) repisa (f) (de la ventana) 1.2 (on cliff) saliente (m) or (f)More example sentences1.3 (underwater ridge) arrecife (masculine)
More example sentences
- Next month we'll look at those tricky double ledges where a second ledge is close behind the first.
- The water droplets that remain on surfaces leave mineral deposits that form little ledges that collect more mineral deposits and scum each time the shower is used.
- It has a rich and varied flora due to a combination of limestone ledges and limey soils, and separate areas of non-limy glacial deposits.
- Cleaner wrasses set up cleaning stations near rocks or under ledges on the reef.
- Turtles rest on the reef top or on ledges beneath coral overhangs, though they can often be seen cruising along the reef edge.
- My buddy enthusiastically pointed out a lobster beneath a ledge, as well as a miniature version that was only about 3cm long!
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.