Translation of ledge in Spanish:
- 1.1 (on wall)also: window ledge(exterior) alféizar (masculine) or antepecho (masculine) (de la ventana)(interior) repisa (feminine) (de la ventana)Example sentences1.2 (on cliff)
saliente (masculine) or (feminine)1.3 (underwater ridge)Example sentences
- Next month we'll look at those tricky double ledges where a second ledge is close behind the first.
- The water droplets that remain on surfaces leave mineral deposits that form little ledges that collect more mineral deposits and scum each time the shower is used.
- It has a rich and varied flora due to a combination of limestone ledges and limey soils, and separate areas of non-limy glacial deposits.
- Cleaner wrasses set up cleaning stations near rocks or under ledges on the reef.
- Turtles rest on the reef top or on ledges beneath coral overhangs, though they can often be seen cruising along the reef edge.
- My buddy enthusiastically pointed out a lobster beneath a ledge, as well as a miniature version that was only about 3cm long!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.