Translation of lee in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (Nautical) in the lee of the buildingal abrigo del edificio(before noun) (side/shore/tide)de sotaventoExample sentences
- I chose instead to fish the lee shore, hoping for a picture fish.
- I could see white caps in the channel, it was time to seek shelter on the lee shore.
- You can normally tell the lee side from the windward side by looking for cornices.
- A single vessel can moor in the lee of either island but it is not a comfortable place to stay.
- Choppy it was but as we got farther out into the lee of the outer islands the sea calmed considerably.
- The pair had set up a tent in the lee of a dune.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.