- 1 uncountable/no numerable [Nautical/Náutica] sotavento (masculine) in the lee of the building al abrigo del edificio (before noun/delante del nombre) [side/shore/tide] de sotaventoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- I chose instead to fish the lee shore, hoping for a picture fish.
- I could see white caps in the channel, it was time to seek shelter on the lee shore.
- You can normally tell the lee side from the windward side by looking for cornices.
- A single vessel can moor in the lee of either island but it is not a comfortable place to stay.
- Choppy it was but as we got farther out into the lee of the outer islands the sea calmed considerably.
- The pair had set up a tent in the lee of a dune.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The PAN (Partido de Acción Nacional) is the political party that won the Mexican general elections in 2000, breaking the Partido Revolucional Institucional's record of 71 years in power. PRI - Partido Revolucionario InstitucionalPAN was founded in 1939 as a conservative alternative to President, Lázaro Cárdenas. It presents an image of being a defender of popular causes, but takes an individualistic approach to matters of education and property. Its traditional policies include limiting state intervention in the economy to a minimum and bringing about a greater rapprochement between the government and the church.