- 1 uncountable/no numerable [Nautical/Náutica] sotavento (masculine) in the lee of the building al abrigo del edificio (before noun/delante del nombre) [side/shore/tide] de sotaventoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- I chose instead to fish the lee shore, hoping for a picture fish.
- I could see white caps in the channel, it was time to seek shelter on the lee shore.
- You can normally tell the lee side from the windward side by looking for cornices.
- A single vessel can moor in the lee of either island but it is not a comfortable place to stay.
- Choppy it was but as we got farther out into the lee of the outer islands the sea calmed considerably.
- The pair had set up a tent in the lee of a dune.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Guernica is a Basque town destroyed by German bombers fighting on the Nationalist side in the Spanish Civil War in April 1937.