Translation of lee in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable/no numerable [Nautical/Náutica] sotavento (masculine) in the lee of the building al abrigo del edificio (before noun/delante del nombre) [side/shore/tide] de sotaventoExample sentences
- I chose instead to fish the lee shore, hoping for a picture fish.
- I could see white caps in the channel, it was time to seek shelter on the lee shore.
- You can normally tell the lee side from the windward side by looking for cornices.
- A single vessel can moor in the lee of either island but it is not a comfortable place to stay.
- Choppy it was but as we got farther out into the lee of the outer islands the sea calmed considerably.
- The pair had set up a tent in the lee of a dune.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas