Translation of leech in Spanish:
- 1 (Zoology) to cling o stick to somebody like a leechpegársele a alguien como una lapa [colloquial]Example sentences
- The rhynchobdellids are strictly aquatic leeches that have small, porelike mouths in the oral sucker.
- While at rest, the medicinal leech lies under large objects on the shoreline, partially out of water.
- It's a bit of a shame, especially as the leeches used for therapy sessions aren't your average leeches.
- 2 (person) [colloquial]sanguijuela (feminine) [colloquial]Example sentences
- These adversaries were leeches, cowards who feed on the weak and helpless.
- Robby had always known that the business was filled with leeches and liars - confused, timid men and women whose only chance of achieving success was to latch onto someone who had been deemed successful by others.
- [colloquial]to leech
ono uponsomebodychuparle la sangre a alguien [colloquial]to leech ono uponsomethingaprovecharse dealgoExample sentences
- Those people who operate these servers… are parasites leeching off the creativity of others.
- The main limitation I see is that society would not work if everyone leeched off it in this way.
- If you want to leech off someone's Wi-fi to download the update, drive by my house and leech off mine.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.