Translation of leech in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Zoology/Zoología] sanguijuela (feminine) to cling o stick to sb like a leech pegársele* a algn como una lapa [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences1.2 (person) [colloquial/familiar] sanguijuela (feminine) [colloquial/familiar]
- The rhynchobdellids are strictly aquatic leeches that have small, porelike mouths in the oral sucker.
- While at rest, the medicinal leech lies under large objects on the shoreline, partially out of water.
- It's a bit of a shame, especially as the leeches used for therapy sessions aren't your average leeches.
- These adversaries were leeches, cowards who feed on the weak and helpless.
- Robby had always known that the business was filled with leeches and liars - confused, timid men and women whose only chance of achieving success was to latch onto someone who had been deemed successful by others.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [colloquial/familiar] to leech
ono uponsb chuparle la sangre a algn [colloquial/familiar] to leech ono uponsth aprovecharse dealgo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.