- 1 [Politics/Política] (+ singular or plural verb/+ verbo en singular o plural) the left wing la izquierda, el ala izquierda
Junta Autonómica is the name given to the governments of Spain's autonomous regions, with the exception of Catalonia and Valencia's Generalitat and Galicia's Xunta.
- [ideals/sympathies] de izquierda or (Spain/España) izquierdas, izquierdistaMore example sentences
- Of course socialists should always support left wing officials against the right.
- In the longer term I would hope for a broad left wing alternative to the failed politics of the South.
- It was a mass political event, with a very radical and left wing mood.