Translation of legacy in Spanish:
noun plural -cies
- 1.1 (Law) the cupboard is a legacy from the previous tenantal armario lo heredamos del inquilino anteriorExample sentences1.2 (of artist, government) (before noun) legacy system/business/software
- Bentham tells the family that they are about to inherit a legacy from a relative.
- They have income from legacies or property sales, and they will take in a lot from collections.
- Partnerships will bring you wealth and success and you may inherit a legacy.
- The original was cool, but this one tries with unsuccessful results to live up to the legacy of its predecessor.
- Many have commented on how the lasting divisions on the sub-continent are partly a legacy of British colonialism.
- One of the major themes of the book is the ongoing legacy of colonialism.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.