- 1.1 (pants, trousers) leggings (mpl), leotardos (mpl), mallas (fpl), calzas (fpl) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) ; (for babies) pelele (masculine) waterproof leggings pantalones (masculine plural) impermeablesMore example sentences1.2 (for lower leg) polainas (feminine plural)
More example sentences
- She wore long black leggings and a tight-fitting black top.
- I'm not going to wear leggings under a denim miniskirt or stiletto-heeled boots with skinny jeans and a gold-trimmed gilet.
- Bassist Chris Squire - wearing a flouncy black smock over skin-tight Lycra leggings tucked into Doc Marten boots - was having more of a ball than most.
- He wore a leather loincloth, fur leggings, a fur garment, a grass cape, a fur hat and leather shoes stuffed with grass.
- Traditional clothing for men consisted of a breech-cloth, deerskin leggings, a shirt, and, in winter, moccasins.
- The men wore antelope or mountain sheep skin leggings, shirts, breechcloths, and moccasins.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexico, today is Conmemoración de la Proclamación de la Independencia. Throughout the country, at 11 o'clock at night, there is a communal shout, El Grito, in memory of Padre Hidalgo's cry of independence from the Spanish in the town of Dolores.