Translation of legion in Spanish:
- 1 (in ancient Rome)Example sentences
- The most important fighting unit of the Roman Army was the legion commanded by a legatus.
- Thus it was Titus who commanded the Roman legions during the famous sack of Jerusalem.
- The Roman legions brought peace and prosperity, at least most of the time.
- [formal] (predicative) the problems are legionlos problemas son innumerablesher admirers are legiontiene legiones de admiradoresExample sentences
- Literary references to wine drinking are legion, presumably because it encouraged conversation, civilized, bawdy, or sometimes nonsensical.
- The number of characters confronting inner demons was legion.
- The stories about Dan are legion, and don't bear repetition here - although his autobiography is highly recommended.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.