Translation of legion in Spanish:
- 1.1 (in ancient Rome) legión (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (large number) legión (feminine)
Example sentences1.3the American/Royal British Legion[ la legión estadounidense/británica de ex-combatientes ]
- The most important fighting unit of the Roman Army was the legion commanded by a legatus.
- Thus it was Titus who commanded the Roman legions during the famous sack of Jerusalem.
- The Roman legions brought peace and prosperity, at least most of the time.
- She has already won a legion of admirers and a Radio 3 Award for world music.
- It'll silence their critics, amaze their fans and win them a whole new legion of admirers.
- For the band's legion of fans, Metz's book is a loving walk down memory lane.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the