Translation of legion in Spanish:
- 1.1 (in ancient Rome)Example sentences1.2 (large number)
Example sentences1.3the American/Royal British Legion
- The most important fighting unit of the Roman Army was the legion commanded by a legatus.
- Thus it was Titus who commanded the Roman legions during the famous sack of Jerusalem.
- The Roman legions brought peace and prosperity, at least most of the time.
(la legión estadounidense/británica de ex-combatientes)
- She has already won a legion of admirers and a Radio 3 Award for world music.
- It'll silence their critics, amaze their fans and win them a whole new legion of admirers.
- For the band's legion of fans, Metz's book is a loving walk down memory lane.
- [formal] (predicative) the problems are legionher admirers are legionlos problemas son innumerablestiene legiones de admiradoresExample sentences
- Literary references to wine drinking are legion, presumably because it encouraged conversation, civilized, bawdy, or sometimes nonsensical.
- The number of characters confronting inner demons was legion.
- The stories about Dan are legion, and don't bear repetition here - although his autobiography is highly recommended.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to