- 1.1 (of government, act, birth) legitimidad (feminine)More example sentences1.2 (of excuse, demand, complaint) lo legítimo, validez (feminine)
More example sentences
- The legality and legitimacy of that action must be subject to judicial review.
- This gets to the heart of legitimacy in rule making and the governance of the IMF.
- He is also in a unique legal position to question the Law Society's legitimacy.
- Her justification for the legitimacy of astrology as a valid science went something like this.
- The protectors of pornography have arguments and principles; the status quo supports the validity and legitimacy of their world view.
- His more modest aim is that of criticizing the claim that science has a monopoly on truth by defending the legitimacy of experiences of truth which do not depend on and are even distorted by method.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The PAN (Partido de Acción Nacional) is the political party that won the Mexican general elections in 2000, breaking the Partido Revolucional Institucional's record of 71 years in power. PRI - Partido Revolucionario InstitucionalPAN was founded in 1939 as a conservative alternative to President, Lázaro Cárdenas. It presents an image of being a defender of popular causes, but takes an individualistic approach to matters of education and property. Its traditional policies include limiting state intervention in the economy to a minimum and bringing about a greater rapprochement between the government and the church.