Translation of lemon in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 countable and uncountable (fruit)(before noun) (peel/juice/soufflé)lemon squash
de limónlimonada (feminine) natural (concentrada)lemon squeezer (British)Example sentences1.2 countablelemon (tree) 1.3 uncountable (color)
- Fried fish was accompanied by the juice of bitter oranges or lemons or by greensauce.
- Put cherries and orange slices into a kettle and add the lemon juice and sugar.
- Crush the avocado with the lemon juice, salt and pepper, and spread thickly on the bread.
amarillo limón invariable adjectiveExample sentences
- Behind glazed double doors, the family room is decorated in pale lemon and floored in solid oak.
- A houndstooth wool anchored the season, with touches of dusty rose and pale lemon.
- It's an Australian plant naturalised in Spain having flowers of lemon yellow to deep gold.
- 2 countable [colloquial] 2.1 (dud, failure)porquería (feminine) [colloquial]Example sentences2.2 (fool) (British) don't just stand there like a lemon!
¡no te quedes ahí como un idiota!
- As a result you are stuck holding some real lemons - and the prospect of widespread industrial chaos - as we move into an election year.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.