Translation of lemon in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 countable or uncountable (fruit)(before noun) (peel/juice/soufflé)lemon squash
de limónlimonada (feminine) natural (concentrada)lemon squeezer (British English)Example sentences1.2 countablelemon (tree) 1.3 uncountable (color)
- Fried fish was accompanied by the juice of bitter oranges or lemons or by greensauce.
- Put cherries and orange slices into a kettle and add the lemon juice and sugar.
- Crush the avocado with the lemon juice, salt and pepper, and spread thickly on the bread.
amarillo limón invariable adjectiveExample sentences
- Behind glazed double doors, the family room is decorated in pale lemon and floored in solid oak.
- A houndstooth wool anchored the season, with touches of dusty rose and pale lemon.
- It's an Australian plant naturalised in Spain having flowers of lemon yellow to deep gold.
- 2 countable [colloquial] 2.1 (dud, failure)Example sentences2.2 (fool)
(British English)don't just stand there like a lemon!
- As a result you are stuck holding some real lemons - and the prospect of widespread industrial chaos - as we move into an election year.
idiota (masculine and feminine)¡no te quedes ahí como un idiota!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.