- 1 1.1 countable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable (fruit) limón (m), limón (m) francés (Mexico, Venezuela/México, Venezuela) ; (before noun/delante del nombre) [peel/juice/soufflé] de limón lemon drop caramelo (masculine) de limón lemon squash limonada (feminine) natural (concentrada) lemon squeezer (British English/inglés británico) exprimidor (m) (de limones), exprimelimones (m) lemon tea té (masculine) con limónMore example sentences1.2 countable/numerable lemon (tree) limonero (masculine) 1.3 uncountable/no numerable (color) amarillo (masculine) limón; (before noun/delante del nombre) amarillo limón (invariable adjective/adjetivo invariable)
More example sentences
- Fried fish was accompanied by the juice of bitter oranges or lemons or by greensauce.
- Put cherries and orange slices into a kettle and add the lemon juice and sugar.
- Crush the avocado with the lemon juice, salt and pepper, and spread thickly on the bread.
- Behind glazed double doors, the family room is decorated in pale lemon and floored in solid oak.
- A houndstooth wool anchored the season, with touches of dusty rose and pale lemon.
- It's an Australian plant naturalised in Spain having flowers of lemon yellow to deep gold.
- 2 countable/numerable [colloquial/familiar] 2.1 (dud, failure) porquería (feminine) [colloquial/familiar] 2.2 (fool) (British English/inglés británico) idiota (masculine and feminine) don't just stand there like a lemon! ¡no te quedes ahí como un idiota!More example sentences
- As a result you are stuck holding some real lemons - and the prospect of widespread industrial chaos - as we move into an election year.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.