Translation of lend in Spanish:
- 1 (loan) the library also lends recordsla biblioteca también presta discos or (in Spain also) deja discos en préstamoI lent her a coatle presté or (in Spain also) le dejé un abrigoto lend something
tosomebodyprestarle algo aalguienExample sentences
- So why are banks falling all over themselves to lend small businesses money?
- When a bank lends you money, the loan comes with strings attached - namely, the covenants contained in the loan agreement.
- They're lending the American government money in exchange for interest.
- 2 (give)to lend something
tosomethingdarle algothis lends an air of mystery to the scene aalgoesto le da un aire de misterio a la escenaExample sentences
- The concentration of structures in space lends an urban quality even to small villages.
- To lend weight to this, he adds the interpretation of a social scientist and an academician.
- This lends weight to the theory that autism is a neurodevelopmental condition and not an acquired one.
- to lend oneself/itself
tosomethingprestarseit lends itself to abuse aalgose presta a abusosExample sentences
- The plastic blocks are lighter, lending themselves to more applications, and easier to install.
- I've got the first one, and the stories really lend themselves to the comic format.
- On the other hand my books don't lend themselves to movies and they tend to violate basic laws of fiction writing.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.