Translation of lend in Spanish:
- 1 (loan) the library also lends recordsla biblioteca también presta discos or ( (Spain) tb) deja discos en préstamoI lent her a coatle presté or ( (Spain) tb) le dejé un abrigoto lend something
tosomebodyprestarle algo aalguienExample sentences
- So why are banks falling all over themselves to lend small businesses money?
- When a bank lends you money, the loan comes with strings attached - namely, the covenants contained in the loan agreement.
- They're lending the American government money in exchange for interest.
- 2 (give)to lend something
tosomethingdarle algothis lends an air of mystery to the scene aalgoesto le da un aire de misterio a la escenaExample sentences
- The concentration of structures in space lends an urban quality even to small villages.
- To lend weight to this, he adds the interpretation of a social scientist and an academician.
- This lends weight to the theory that autism is a neurodevelopmental condition and not an acquired one.
- to lend oneself/itself
tosomethingprestarseit lends itself to abuse aalgose presta a abusosExample sentences
- The plastic blocks are lighter, lending themselves to more applications, and easier to install.
- I've got the first one, and the stories really lend themselves to the comic format.
- On the other hand my books don't lend themselves to movies and they tend to violate basic laws of fiction writing.
dejar (Spain) [colloquial]to lend something out
prestarle or ( (Spain) tb) dejarle algo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.