Translation of lend in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (loan) prestar, dejar (Spain/España) the library also lends records la biblioteca también presta discos or (in Spain also/en España también) deja discos en préstamo I lent her a coat le presté or (in Spain also/en España también) le dejé un abrigo to lend sth
tosb prestarle algo aalgnExample sentences1.2 (give) to lend sth
- So why are banks falling all over themselves to lend small businesses money?
- When a bank lends you money, the loan comes with strings attached - namely, the covenants contained in the loan agreement.
- They're lending the American government money in exchange for interest.
tosth darle* algo aalgo this lends an air of mystery to the scene esto le da un aire de misterio a la escenaExample sentences
- The concentration of structures in space lends an urban quality even to small villages.
- To lend weight to this, he adds the interpretation of a social scientist and an academician.
- This lends weight to the theory that autism is a neurodevelopmental condition and not an acquired one.
reflexive verb/verbo reflexivo
- to lend oneself/itself
tosth prestarse aalgo it lends itself to abuse se presta a abusosExample sentences
- The plastic blocks are lighter, lending themselves to more applications, and easier to install.
- I've got the first one, and the stories really lend themselves to the comic format.
- On the other hand my books don't lend themselves to movies and they tend to violate basic laws of fiction writing.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.