Translation of lens in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural lenses)
- 1.1 (piece of glass) lente (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (for magnifying) lupa (feminine) 1.3 (in spectacles) cristal (masculine) 1.4contact lens 1.5 [Photography/Fotografía] lente (feminine); (compound) objetivo (masculine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [cap] del objetivo lens aperture (apertura (feminine) del) diafragma (masculine)
Example sentences1.6 [Anatomy/Anatomía] cristalino (masculine)
- His first telescope was made from available lenses and gave a magnification of about four times.
- I have two pairs of glasses with different coloured lenses for different light conditions.
- Because of the extreme curve of the glasses, the lenses are hard to fit to a frame - and that makes them costly.
- The Standard lens is actually one of the most neglected lenses in your camera bag.
- With that he tosses the paper across, and goes back to his camera lenses and his camera lens cloth.
- The solution to this is to get right next to the glass, so that your camera lens is flush with the glass surface.
- The posterior chamber is found behind the iris and in front of the lens and ciliary bodies.
- The dioptric system includes the cornea, the lens, the aqueous humor within the anterior eye chamber, and the vitreous body.
- With age, your eyes are less able to produce tears, your retinas thin and your lenses gradually turn yellow and become less clear.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.