- 1 (written message) carta (feminine) his letters have just been published su epistolario acaba de publicarse letter of introduction carta (feminine) de recomendación letter of advice carta (feminine) de aviso letter of credit carta (feminine) de crédito letter of intent carta (feminine) de intenciones (before noun/delante del nombre) letter rack portacartas (masculine) I'm not much of a letter writer no soy muy buen corresponsal letter writing is quite an art escribir cartas es todo un arteMore example sentences
- I must have written him a letter, because he sent me a postcard in reply.
- We'll stick to the big social events and if people want other things in these pages they can write letters and send us pictures.
- He also sent out the letter before he wrote it (according to the date).
- 2 2.1 (of alphabet) letra (feminine) a two-/eight-letter word una palabra de dos/ocho letras she's the only one in the family with letters after her name es la única de la familia que tiene título (académico u honorífico cuya abreviatura suele usarse tras el nombre) the letter of the law la letra de la ley to the letter al pie de la letra 2.2(letters plural)(literature) [formal] a man of letters un literato, un escritor, un hombre de letras a woman of letters una literata, una escritora, una mujer de letrasMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Canadian art, literature, and letters have traditionally mythologized the North.
- Three of its vowels are each represented by a letter of the alphabet.
- If three letters together represent a single sound, they constitute a trigraph, such as tch in catch and sch in schmaltz.
- A group of eight bits makes up a byte, which can represent many types of information, such as a letter of the alphabet or decimal character.
The CAP (Curso de Adaptación Pedagógica) is a course taken in Spain by graduates with degrees in subjects other than education, who want to teach at secondary level. Students take a CAP in a particular subject, such as mathematics, literature, etc.
- 1.1 (print) [card/invitation] grabar, estampar (con letras)More example sentences1.2 (designate by letter) the rows are lettered A through G las filas van por letras de la A a la G
- Horse racing is big in New Zealand, and, before the advent of electronic displays, the bookmakers lettered horses' names on white wooden boards in heavy black sans-serif characters.
- Yet the names of donors are lettered on the walls, museum-style.
- The name has been professionally lettered on in bright letters.