Translation of letter in Spanish:
- 1 (written message) his letters have just been publishedsu epistolario acaba de publicarseletter of introduction letter of advicecarta (feminine) de avisoletter of credit letter of intent (before noun) letter rackportacartas (masculine)I'm not much of a letter writerno soy muy buen corresponsalletter writing is quite an artescribir cartas es todo un arteExample sentences
- I must have written him a letter, because he sent me a postcard in reply.
- We'll stick to the big social events and if people want other things in these pages they can write letters and send us pictures.
- He also sent out the letter before he wrote it (according to the date).
- 2 2.1 (of alphabet) a two-/eight-letter worduna palabra de dos/ocho letrasshe's the only one in the family with letters after her namees la única de la familia que tiene título (académico u honorífico cuya abreviatura suele usarse tras el nombre)the letter of the law to the letter 2.2also: letters plural(literature) [formal]a man of lettersun literatoa woman of letters
un hombre de letrasuna literata
una mujer de letrasExample sentences
- Canadian art, literature, and letters have traditionally mythologized the North.
- Three of its vowels are each represented by a letter of the alphabet.
- If three letters together represent a single sound, they constitute a trigraph, such as tch in catch and sch in schmaltz.
- A group of eight bits makes up a byte, which can represent many types of information, such as a letter of the alphabet or decimal character.
- 1.1 (print) 1.2 (designate by letter) the rows are lettered A through Glas filas van por letras de la A a la GExample sentences
- Horse racing is big in New Zealand, and, before the advent of electronic displays, the bookmakers lettered horses' names on white wooden boards in heavy black sans-serif characters.
- Yet the names of donors are lettered on the walls, museum-style.
- The name has been professionally lettered on in bright letters.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.