Translation of letter in Spanish:
- 1 (written message) carta (feminine) his letters have just been published su epistolario acaba de publicarse letter of introduction carta (feminine) de recomendación letter of advice carta (feminine) de aviso letter of credit carta (feminine) de crédito letter of intent carta (feminine) de intenciones (before noun/delante del nombre) letter rack portacartas (masculine) I'm not much of a letter writer no soy muy buen corresponsal letter writing is quite an art escribir cartas es todo un arteExample sentences
- I must have written him a letter, because he sent me a postcard in reply.
- We'll stick to the big social events and if people want other things in these pages they can write letters and send us pictures.
- He also sent out the letter before he wrote it (according to the date).
- 2 2.1 (of alphabet) letra (feminine) a two-/eight-letter word una palabra de dos/ocho letras she's the only one in the family with letters after her name es la única de la familia que tiene título ([ académico u honorífico cuya abreviatura suele usarse tras el nombre ]) the letter of the law la letra de la ley to the letter al pie de la letra 2.2(letters plural)(literature) [formal] a man of letters un literato, un escritor, un hombre de letras a woman of letters una literata, una escritora, una mujer de letrasExample sentences
- Canadian art, literature, and letters have traditionally mythologized the North.
- Three of its vowels are each represented by a letter of the alphabet.
- If three letters together represent a single sound, they constitute a trigraph, such as tch in catch and sch in schmaltz.
- A group of eight bits makes up a byte, which can represent many types of information, such as a letter of the alphabet or decimal character.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.