- 1 1.1 (embankment) [Agr] dique (m)More example sentences1.2 (landing stage) (AmE) atracadero (m)
More example sentences
- Construction of levees and embankments prevents the floodplain from performing this function and transfers the problem further downstream to areas which were not subject to flooding.
- Engineers determined that the levees bordering the Mississippi River as it passes through the city were sufficient to withstand any surge produced by an SPH.
- Yet the marketplace remained relatively calm, appreciating that the authorities were apparently still operating on the dykes, dams and levees up the river.
- The men created a world of their own on the docks, levees, plantation landings, city quays, and steamboat decks of the Mississippi River economy.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.