Translation of liability in Spanish:
noun plural -ties
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (responsibility) to deny/admit liability for something(before noun) liability insurancenegar/admitir ser responsable de algoExample sentences1.2 uncountable (eligibility) See examples: tax liability
liabilitypasivo (masculine) exigible en concepto de impuestos
- For the other sectors, balance sheet data are limited to financial assets and liabilities.
- We want to retire with the largest possible pot of assets and the least amount of liabilities.
- This will include taking into account accrued liabilities and assets.
forsomethinghis liability for military service1.3 (proneness) See examples:liabilitysu obligación de prestar servicio militar tosomething/to + infinitivepropensión (feminine) aalgo/+ infinitive
- 2also: liabilities plural(debt) (Finance) current liabilities fixed o long-term liabilitieswe are unable to meet our liabilitiesdeudas (feminine plural) a largo plazono podemos hacer frente a nuestras obligacionesExample sentences
- She gave birth to a healthy child, and the respondents accepted liability for negligence.
- The distinction between liability for acts and liability for omissions is well known.
- There is no legal prohibition denying the Community the right to accept liability for private acts of its servants.
- 3 (drawback, disadvantage) she's a positive liability for the teamthe car turned out to be a liabilityes un verdadero lastre or handicap para el equipoel coche terminó dándonos más problemas que otra cosaExample sentences
- One could expect that Junior's presence will become a liability once he spells out his plan.
- When wildlife is perceived to be a danger and a liability, it compromises the very basis of conservation.
- Girls would not be seen as a burden or a liability if they were guaranteed an equal right to inheritance and property.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.