Translation of liability in Spanish:
noun plural liabilities
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (responsibility) to deny/admit liability for somethingnegar/admitir ser responsable de algo(before noun) liability insuranceExample sentences1.2 uncountable (eligibility) tax liability
pasivo (masculine) exigible en concepto de impuestosliability
- For the other sectors, balance sheet data are limited to financial assets and liabilities.
- We want to retire with the largest possible pot of assets and the least amount of liabilities.
- This will include taking into account accrued liabilities and assets.
forsomethinghis liability for military servicesu obligación de prestar servicio militar1.3 (proneness)liability tosomething/to + infinitivepropensión (feminine) aalgo/+ infinitive
- 2also: liabilities plural(debt) (Finance) current liabilities fixed or long-term liabilitiesdeudas (feminine plural) a largo plazowe are unable to meet our liabilitiesno podemos hacer frente a nuestras obligacionesExample sentences
- She gave birth to a healthy child, and the respondents accepted liability for negligence.
- The distinction between liability for acts and liability for omissions is well known.
- There is no legal prohibition denying the Community the right to accept liability for private acts of its servants.
- 3 (drawback, disadvantage) she's a positive liability for the teames un verdadero lastre or handicap para el equipothe car turned out to be a liabilityel coche terminó dándonos más problemas que otra cosaExample sentences
- One could expect that Junior's presence will become a liability once he spells out his plan.
- When wildlife is perceived to be a danger and a liability, it compromises the very basis of conservation.
- Girls would not be seen as a burden or a liability if they were guaranteed an equal right to inheritance and property.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.