Translation of liability in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ties)
- 1 uncountable/no numerable 1.1 (responsibility) responsabilidad (feminine) to deny/admit liability for sth negar*/admitir ser responsable de algo (before noun/delante del nombre) liability insurance seguro (masculine) contra tercerosExample sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (eligibility) tax liability pasivo (masculine) exigible en concepto de impuestosliability
- For the other sectors, balance sheet data are limited to financial assets and liabilities.
- We want to retire with the largest possible pot of assets and the least amount of liabilities.
- This will include taking into account accrued liabilities and assets.
forsth his liability for military service su obligación de prestar servicio militar 1.3 (proneness) liability tosth/to + infinitive/infinitivopropensión (feminine) aalgo/+ infinitive/infinitivo
- 2(liabilities plural)(debt) [Finance] pasivo (masculine) current liabilities pasivo circulante fixed o long-term liabilities deudas (feminine plural) a largo plazo we are unable to meet our liabilities no podemos hacer frente a nuestras obligacionesExample sentences
- She gave birth to a healthy child, and the respondents accepted liability for negligence.
- The distinction between liability for acts and liability for omissions is well known.
- There is no legal prohibition denying the Community the right to accept liability for private acts of its servants.
- 3 (drawback, disadvantage) handicap (masculine) she's a positive liability for the team es un verdadero lastre or handicap para el equipo the car turned out to be a liability el coche terminó dándonos más problemas que otra cosaExample sentences
- One could expect that Junior's presence will become a liability once he spells out his plan.
- When wildlife is perceived to be a danger and a liability, it compromises the very basis of conservation.
- Girls would not be seen as a burden or a liability if they were guaranteed an equal right to inheritance and property.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas