Translation of liable in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (responsible) reponsable to be liable
forsth ser* responsable dealgo, responder dealgo to hold sb liable responsabilizar* a algn, considerar a algn responsableExample sentences1.2 (subject)to be liable
- Might the host ever be legally liable for that injury?
- As a general principle, people are not legally liable for failing to act, so that a distinction should be drawn between causing death and failing to keep the patient alive.
- A corporation is vicariously liable for strict liability offences to exactly the same extent as a natural person.
for/tosth you're not liable for military service estás exento de or no te corresponde prestar servicio militar any income is liable for tax cualquier ingreso es gravable or está sujeto a impuestos liable to alteration without notice sujeto a cambios sin previo aviso you will be liable to a 15% surcharge le pueden hacer un recargo del 15%Example sentences
- Can we elect to have the whole of the income assessed to tax on my wife, who is only liable to basic rate tax?
- Unlicensed fireworks displays, even on private property, are illegal and may render the participants liable to prosecution.
- Failure to comply with any of those provisions will render building workers liable to imprisonment.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.