- 1 1.1 (responsible) reponsable to be liable
forsth ser* responsable dealgo, responder dealgo to hold sb liable responsabilizar* a algn, considerar a algn responsableMore example sentences1.2 (subject)to be liable
- Might the host ever be legally liable for that injury?
- As a general principle, people are not legally liable for failing to act, so that a distinction should be drawn between causing death and failing to keep the patient alive.
- A corporation is vicariously liable for strict liability offences to exactly the same extent as a natural person.
for/tosth you're not liable for military service estás exento de or no te corresponde prestar servicio militar any income is liable for tax cualquier ingreso es gravable or está sujeto a impuestos liable to alteration without notice sujeto a cambios sin previo aviso you will be liable to a 15% surcharge le pueden hacer un recargo del 15%More example sentences
- Can we elect to have the whole of the income assessed to tax on my wife, who is only liable to basic rate tax?
- Unlicensed fireworks displays, even on private property, are illegal and may render the participants liable to prosecution.
- Failure to comply with any of those provisions will render building workers liable to imprisonment.
Browse other language resources
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...