ncountable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable
- [Botany/Botánica] liana (feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- Finally, this work represents part of a long-term research effort in which mechanical architectures are being investigated in terms of the evolution of architectures of trees, shrubs, lianas and procumbent growth forms.
- These features, and very different life forms ranging from trees and lianas to annuals, occur within closely related groups.
- The leaves of the understory shrubs, lianas, and sapling trees bear the unmistakable signs of damage by hungry insects.
- Tropical forest foragers fashion their own nets from lianas, and make belt pouches, baskets, and mats from grasses.
- There they climb into a series of wooden constructions three metres high, made with tree trunks lashed together with lianas like tree houses perched above the flood.
- Bunched optical fibers and acrylic light ducts draped like lianas from the ceiling, pulsing with digital information.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Senado is the name of the upper chamber of the Spanish Cortes Generales, and the place where it meets. There are 250 senators, most of whom are elected every four years, at general elections, four from each province. A small number of senators are also elected by the autonomous governments.