Translation of libel in Spanish:
- uncountable and countable to sue (somebody) for libeldemandar (a alguien) por difamación/calumniato publish a libelpublicar un libelo(before noun) (suit/action)libel laws
por difamación/calumnialeyes (feminine plural) contra la difamación
leyes (feminine plural) antilibeloExample sentences
- During the 1790s Pitt frequently resorted to seditious libel as a blunt instrument against the reform movement.
- A third common law offence which may involve strict liability is that of blasphemous libel.
- Ironically, the action is over a short story concerning a previous libel action.
transitive verb (British) libelling libelled
- 1 (Law)Example sentences
- A judge at Cork Circuit Cork yesterday ruled that he was libelled by only two newspapers, and awarded him damages of £5,600.
- Browne has viciously slandered and libeled me, in the public media, repeatedly.
- Gilligan's lawyer wrote to the film production company, seeking to ensure that he was not libelled.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.