Translation of liberal in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (tolerant) [ideas/views/attitude] liberal; [interpretation/translation] libreExample sentences
- In spite of all experience they hoped that Prussia was more open to liberal ideas than Austria.
- Western countries pride themselves on their supposedly liberal acceptance of different cultures.
- Why do liberal ideas often connect to unhappiness?
- Crime rates here are comparable to, and in many cases lower than, those in countries with liberal gun laws.
- Freedom and a liberal society was redeemed for some but not all.
- Look at Ireland and Scotland and their liberal liquor laws - drunks rage all night.
Example sentences1.2Liberal Democratic Party
- Social reformism within a liberal democratic framework is apparently just one more snare in the mechanism of domination.
- It comes from a deep-seated conviction that there is only one economic system, the globalised free market, set in the political context of liberal democracy.
- The Democrats have abandoned any policy of liberal social reform and adapted themselves, in deeds if not in words, to the class-war policies of the Republicans.
(Liberal)[Politics/Política] del Partido Liberal the Liberal Party el Partido Liberal
- Dr Javaid Iqbal, in the end, approves of the Sufis' liberal interpretation of Islam, which helped poetry, music and dance to find a place in Muslim culture.
- Many activists of the sharia movement in economic discourse and activities are also against a liberal interpretation of Islam.
- It seemed a liberal interpretation of the term ‘cosmopolitan’ - but then that's rural living for you.
- 2 2.1 (generous) [sponsor/backer] generoso you've been rather liberal with the pepper se te ha ido un poco la mano con la pimienta 2.2 (plentiful) [supply/portion] abundante, generosoExample sentences
- Garden ponds won't count, though, so if you have a swimming pool, fill it with water lilies and goldfish, take down the diving board and apply liberal amounts of weed and reeds until he has gone.
- Then you want a nice mayo, white vinegar, relish base, with liberal amounts of pepper, some salt and paprika.
- There was also a liberal amount of calamari, but mostly just legs that weren't that appealing to chase around with a fork.
- Their son was particularly concerned that we bless the space under his bed, so I was liberal with the holy water for his sake.
- He was even liberal in dishing out helpings for Natalia.
- He was very liberal when it came to buying drinks, and in return I was a friend to him.
- 3 (non-technical) [education/studies] humanistaExample sentences
- In Korea, general education, rather than liberal education, is the preferred term.
- Community colleges offering two-year programs in liberal education and occupational training meet both of these criteria.
- Learning communities can bring general education, liberal education, and, sometimes, the major together.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to