Translation of libertine in Spanish:
- 1 (womanizer)Example sentences
- The principal character is a delinquent libertine, Don Juan, who has killed Don Gonzalo, a military commander, in an unequal duel.
- The tradition-bound father is reserved and tyrannical at home, but when he is away from home at night, he is a libertine - drinking and womanizing.
- Her newly found manuscript shows that she thought he was a libertine who had set out to seduce her.
- 2 (freethinker)Example sentences
- The same goes for gnostic Christianity, where we had the strict ascetics on the one hand and the extreme libertines on the other.
- In the 1630s as well as the 1670s, Boston was inhabited by libertines as well as orthodox Puritans, but in the last quarter of the seventeenth century, town leaders feared that they were losing control.
- Some libertines started claiming to have pacts with Satan, while still others said the devil himself presided over the soirées.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.