Translation of license in Spanish:
- 1 countable/numerable 1.1 (permit) permiso (masculine), licencia (feminine) fishing/hunting license permiso de pesca/caza import/export license permiso de importación/exportación liquor license permiso para vender bebidas alcohólicas they were married by special license (in UK) se casaron con una licencia especial to manufacture sth under license fabricar* algo bajo licencia pilot's license licencia de piloto, brevet (masculine) (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) it's a license to print money es una mina de oroExample sentences1.2driver's license
- Virtually no account is taken of the often cruel results of losing one's licence - loss of job, and all that can follow from that.
- Phantom was a former pirate radio station, which had tried several times to get an official radio licence.
- All stockings must first be washed in an approved disinfectant and hung on boundary gateposts together with a copy of the official licence.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable 2.1 (freedom) the editor permitted himself considerable license el editor se tomó bastantes libertades poetic/dramatic/artistic license licencia (feminine) poética/dramática/artística 2.2 (excessive freedom) [formal] libertinaje (masculine)Example sentences
- I believe that the Government has taken excessive licence from the views of the select committee.
- Equally important, it protects freedom from itself, tempering excesses of individual license by postulating a higher moral code.
- By avoiding the messiness of debate that a real democracy requires, we have given license to the excesses we now bemoan.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- autorizar*, otorgarle* un permiso or una licencia a this taxi is licensed to carry up to four passengers este taxi está autorizado para transportar hasta cuatro pasajeros
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the