Translation of lick in Spanish:
lamer(stamp)the dog licked the dish clean
mojar con saliva
pasarle la lengua ael perro lamió el plato hasta dejarlo limpiothe cat licked the cream off the cakeel gato le quitó la crema al pastel a lengüetazosI licked my fingerme humedecí el dedo con salivaExample sentences
- I edged away as far as I could get, finished my chips, and decided that I'd pass on licking my fingers clean.
- I wondered if they ever got splinters in their tongues from licking the wooden bowls clean.
- He now always licks the lenses clean with his tongue before wiping them on a cloth.
- 2 [colloquial] (defeat)barrer conquestion three had me licked
darle una paliza a [colloquial]no pude con la pregunta número tresthere were problems, but we've got them licked nowhabía problemas, pero ya los tenemos resueltosExample sentences
- After not beating Leicester for 13 years, Gregory thought he had them licked when his side equalised 15 minutes from time.
- Well, I'm sure with counseling and stuff, you're going to lick this.
- So you can take the entire project on a disk and a laptop to your villa in Portugal and edit cost-free till you feel you've licked it.
- I hope that the brevity of this war does not convince Americans that we can lick anybody on the block.
- If you see him, lick him with a stone or something.
- He said that these same parishioners would eventually turn around and lick him with some big stones.
- 1 1.1 countable (act) we gave it a lick and a promise [colloquial]lo limpiamos muy por encima or [colloquial] [humorous] por donde ve la suegraExample sentences1.2 (application, coat) [colloquial] (no plural) to give something a lick of paint/varnish
darle una mano de pintura/barniz a algoExample sentences
- She nudged him with her nose, and gave him a brief lick of her long tongue before turning and trotting away.
- I extracted slow licks from a single scoop of vanilla.
- Kevin tried to intercede at one point but got his head covered with big wet sloppy tongue licks for his trouble.
- Then, a couple of years ago, it had a lick of paint and a bit of internal surgery and, lo and behold, it changed name and nationality in one go.
- All it needs is a lick of paint and a bit of work on the kitchen.
- What would it cost for a lick of paint, some artificial flowers and some air fresheners?
- 3also: licks plural(blows)(American English)he got in some good licks, too
golpes (masculine plural)él también asestó sus buenos golpesExample sentences
- Michael got a few licks in while he could.
- Nearly as important as glass and magnification is a device's ability to take a few licks.
- Many believed that you should have taken your licks and accepted the situation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.