Translation of lid in Spanish:
- 1 (of container) tapa (feminine) put a lid on it, will you! [colloquial/familiar] ¡cállate la boca!, ¡cierra el pico! [colloquial/familiar] to flip one's lid [colloquial/familiar] (go mad) perder* la chaveta [colloquial/familiar] (become angry) poner* el grito en el cielo [colloquial/familiar] to keep the lid on sth mantener* algo tapado to put the (tin) lid on sth (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar] (be final blow) ser* la gota que colma el vaso (put a stop to) acabar con algo to take o lift o blow the lid off sth destapar algoExample sentences
- The removable lid of the two-chambered container supported the plant and was opaque.
- A ghosting of orange eye shadow covered his lids and the slightest trace of orange lipstick made him look like a punk rocker.
- After covering the containers with a lid, they were placed into a water bath at 40°C.
- 2(eye lid)párpado (masculine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.