- 1 (of container) tapa (feminine) put a lid on it, will you! [colloquial/familiar] ¡cállate la boca!, ¡cierra el pico! [colloquial/familiar] to flip one's lid [colloquial/familiar] (go mad) perder* la chaveta [colloquial/familiar] (become angry) poner* el grito en el cielo [colloquial/familiar] to keep the lid on sth mantener* algo tapado to put the (tin) lid on sth (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar] (be final blow) ser* la gota que colma el vaso (put a stop to) acabar con algo to take o lift o blow the lid off sth destapar algoMore example sentences
- The removable lid of the two-chambered container supported the plant and was opaque.
- A ghosting of orange eye shadow covered his lids and the slightest trace of orange lipstick made him look like a punk rocker.
- After covering the containers with a lid, they were placed into a water bath at 40°C.
- 2(eye lid)párpado (masculine)
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Lotería Nacional is a Spanish state-run lottery founded in 1812. There is an