Translation of liege in Spanish:
- 1 (lord) señor (masculine) feudal (as form of address/como título de cortesía) my liege [archaic] mi señorExample sentences
- Master, how is my liege lord the retired Emperor today?
- My liege, Lord Ivan may have, to some extent, the ability to read thoughts.
- There was only one thing that it was truly concerned for and that was to kill and to destroy any individual that dared to come against his liege, the Dark Master.
- 2 (vassal) vasallo, (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- He took Angevin power to its zenith and made himself overlord of Ireland with a campaign in 1171, gaining the loyalty of important Irish rulers and establishing Normans as his lieges in Leinster.
- But the sun would soon set on Japanese rule of the island and create uncertainty for Taiwanese like Tsao, who were taught to speak Japanese and think of themselves as lieges of the emperor.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to