Translation of liege in Spanish:
- 1 (lord) (as form of address) my liege [archaic]mi señorExample sentences
- Master, how is my liege lord the retired Emperor today?
- My liege, Lord Ivan may have, to some extent, the ability to read thoughts.
- There was only one thing that it was truly concerned for and that was to kill and to destroy any individual that dared to come against his liege, the Dark Master.
- 2 (vassal)vasallo, (-lla) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- He took Angevin power to its zenith and made himself overlord of Ireland with a campaign in 1171, gaining the loyalty of important Irish rulers and establishing Normans as his lieges in Leinster.
- But the sun would soon set on Japanese rule of the island and create uncertainty for Taiwanese like Tsao, who were taught to speak Japanese and think of themselves as lieges of the emperor.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.