- 1.1 (in navy) teniente (mf) de navío, teniente (mf) primero (en Chi)More example sentences1.2 (in other services) teniente (mf) 1.3 (deputy, assistant) lugarteniente (mf)
More example sentences
- Nuclear propulsion pay will now be received by sub lieutenants and lieutenants at category A levels on completion of their engineer officer of the watch board.
- He has commanded in every rank from lieutenant to vice admiral, and has flown his flag in all three of the Navy's aircraft carriers.
- During the second world war he served in the Royal Navy as surgeon lieutenant, escorting convoys in the north Atlantic on HMS Maplin, a converted merchant ship which catapulted Hurricanes into combat.
- While he sits at the apex, it is likely that his top deputies and their lieutenants are largely responsible for coordinating the activities of the far-flung cells.
- Certainly a number of his lieutenants and cohorts have been captured in recent months.
- But I regard you as a lieutenant available to assist as and when required.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)