- 1 1.1(cigarette lighter)encendedor (m), mechero (m) (Esp) (before n) lighter fuel (gas) gas (m) para encendedores (fluid) líquido (m) para encendedores 1.2 (for gas stove) encendedor (m)More example sentences
- Open flames, cigarettes, matches, lighters, pilot lights, or electric sparks can cause the chemicals in the paint strippers to suddenly catch fire.
- Then gently warm the metal sleeve with a small flame from a cigarette lighter and pull the ring off using a pair of pliers.
- It is believed a flame from a cigarette lighter ignited oxygen at the man's bedside.
- 2 (barge) gabarra (f), barcaza (f)More example sentences
- In watercraft delivery, cases of MREs are loaded onto lighters, flat-bottomed boats, or barges and transported from port to port.
- Such lighters, usually flat-bottomed barges, were used in lightening or loading and unloading vessels that could not be wharfed, or where harbour facilities were underdeveloped or too small.
- On the Gallipoli peninsula, seaborne landings were made in 1915, despite the fact that no specially designed craft were available, troops transferring from seagoing vessels to lighters to be ferried ashore.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.