Translation of lightning in Spanish:
- a bolt o flash of lightning un relámpago a streak of lightning un rayo he was struck by lightning le cayó or lo alcanzó un rayo (killed) cayó fulminado por un rayo as quick as lightning como un rayo like greased lightning como un relámpago, como una centella lightning never strikes twice (in the same place) tales cosas solo pasan una vez (before noun/delante del nombre) lightning conductor o rod pararrayos (masculine)Example sentences
- They shoot up from the tops of thunderstorms about the same moment lightning discharges within the storm cloud.
- They saw the flashes of lightning within the dark cloud looming ahead of them.
- Low, dark clouds boiled overhead and lightning flashed and thunder rolled down the mountainside.
- [attack/raid/strike] relámpago (invariable adjective/adjetivo invariable) lightning visit visita (feminine) relámpago with lightning speed como un rayo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the