Translation of lily-white in Spanish:
adjective predicative lily white
- 1.1 (in color)blanco como la nieve or como una azucenaExample sentences1.2 (pure) [pejorative]
(ideals)her lily-white son
- The girl was soft, lily-white, as pure and chaste as they came.
- A swan is also not quite as lily-white as you'd expect - he has some black feathers and a little bit of accumulated grime.
- One of the students who did not leap to attention however, was sitting in the furthest corner at a paper-strewn desk, her head was lazily propped upon one slim lily-white hand which rested just beneath her pointy chin.
puroel santo de su hijo [irónico]Example sentences
- They were all pretty much at least 18 by then, and apparently weren't all lily-white like their reputations would have you believe.
- It was always guaranteed to set Lo off, despite his claim to have lily-white hands).
- Were they concerned by Graham's less than lily-white reputation when it comes to financial propriety?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.