- 1.1 [Anatomy/Anatomía] miembro (masculine), extremidad (feminine) many passengers broke limbs in the crash muchos pasajeros se fracturaron un brazo o una pierna en el accidente he lost a limb in the war perdió un brazo/una pierna en la guerra to tear sb limb from limb despedazar* a algnMore example sentences1.2 (of tree) rama (feminine) (principal) brazo (masculine) to be (left) out on a limb quedarse en la estacada to go out on a limb aventurarse
More example sentences
- Diaphanously winged and provided with limbs far too long and interestingly jointed to be in any way aerodynamic, it would appear to be some kind of mutant grasshopper, a cicada maybe?
- The ability to reduce area and span during the recovery stroke is intimately associated with the design of the propulsive limbs in small animals.
- The most common malformations are partial hind limbs, missing hind limbs, and missing toes.
- Heavy snow and whipping winds can cause limbs from trees and shrubs to snap.
- Plopping down under the leafy limbs of the shade-producing tree, she
- They use a variety of foraging styles; most commonly they glean food from foliage while they climb about on tree limbs.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Junta Autonómica is the name given to the governments of Spain's autonomous regions, with the exception of Catalonia and Valencia's Generalitat and Galicia's Xunta.