Translation of limb in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Anatomy) many passengers broke limbs in the crashhe lost a limb in the warmuchos pasajeros se fracturaron un brazo o una pierna en el accidenteto tear somebody limb from limbperdió un brazo/una pierna en la guerradespedazar a alguienExample sentences1.2 (of tree) to be (left) out on a limb
to go out on a limbquedarse en la estacadaaventurarseExample sentences
- Diaphanously winged and provided with limbs far too long and interestingly jointed to be in any way aerodynamic, it would appear to be some kind of mutant grasshopper, a cicada maybe?
- The ability to reduce area and span during the recovery stroke is intimately associated with the design of the propulsive limbs in small animals.
- The most common malformations are partial hind limbs, missing hind limbs, and missing toes.
- Heavy snow and whipping winds can cause limbs from trees and shrubs to snap.
- Plopping down under the leafy limbs of the shade-producing tree, she
- They use a variety of foraging styles; most commonly they glean food from foliage while they climb about on tree limbs.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.