Translation of linchpin in Spanish:
- 1.1 (vital factor) eje (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (on tractor) pezonera (feminine)
- Nurses will be the linchpin to the Government's grandiose plans to modernise and improve the National Health Service, one of their leaders says.
- But at the same time, she said that these memos, which after all was the lynchpin, the core of your broadcast, were not real.
- The diversity and broad appeal that had been the linchpin of its success now drained away like vital oil.
- He put the wheel back and secured it with a new linchpin, which he carved from a piece of wood.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.