Translation of linchpin in Spanish:
- 1.1 (vital factor) eje (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (on tractor) pezonera (feminine)
- Nurses will be the linchpin to the Government's grandiose plans to modernise and improve the National Health Service, one of their leaders says.
- But at the same time, she said that these memos, which after all was the lynchpin, the core of your broadcast, were not real.
- The diversity and broad appeal that had been the linchpin of its success now drained away like vital oil.
- He put the wheel back and secured it with a new linchpin, which he carved from a piece of wood.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The 'Audiencia Nacional' is the Spanish high court for crimes affecting the national interest, e.g. drug trafficking, large-scale fraud and certain crimes committed abroad.