- 1.1 (language speaker) she's quite a linguist (learns languages easily) tiene facilidad para los idiomas (knows several languages) habla bien varios idiomasMore example sentences1.2 (expert in linguistics) lingüista (mf) 1.3 (student) (BrE) estudiante (mf) de filología or lenguas
More example sentences
- He was also an accomplished linguist speaking nine foreign languages including Chinese and Tibetan.
- He was a formidable linguist, speaking 25 languages and many more dialects.
- A skilled linguist, Marianne used her new-found freedom to become an interpreter for the British Army.
- Descriptive linguists try to lay out a statement of what the conditions are for particular languages.
- He is, after all, a distinguished professor at MIT and the most renowned linguist of the 20th century.
- Languages are becoming extinct, and many have never been studied by linguists.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.