Translation of linguist in Spanish:
- 1.1 (language speaker) she's quite a linguist(learns languages easily) tiene facilidad para los idiomas(knows several languages) habla bien varios idiomasExample sentences1.2
(expert in linguistics) lingüista (masculine and feminine)1.3(student) (British English)
- He was also an accomplished linguist speaking nine foreign languages including Chinese and Tibetan.
- He was a formidable linguist, speaking 25 languages and many more dialects.
- A skilled linguist, Marianne used her new-found freedom to become an interpreter for the British Army.
estudiante (masculine and feminine) de filología or lenguasExample sentences
- Descriptive linguists try to lay out a statement of what the conditions are for particular languages.
- He is, after all, a distinguished professor at MIT and the most renowned linguist of the 20th century.
- Languages are becoming extinct, and many have never been studied by linguists.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.