- 1.1 (language speaker) she's quite a linguist (learns languages easily) tiene facilidad para los idiomas (knows several languages) habla bien varios idiomasMore example sentences1.2 (expert in linguistics) lingüista (masculine and feminine) 1.3 (student) (British English/inglés británico) estudiante (masculine and feminine) de filología or lenguas
More example sentences
- He was also an accomplished linguist speaking nine foreign languages including Chinese and Tibetan.
- He was a formidable linguist, speaking 25 languages and many more dialects.
- A skilled linguist, Marianne used her new-found freedom to become an interpreter for the British Army.
- Descriptive linguists try to lay out a statement of what the conditions are for particular languages.
- He is, after all, a distinguished professor at MIT and the most renowned linguist of the 20th century.
- Languages are becoming extinct, and many have never been studied by linguists.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Palacio de Oriente, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The Royal Family now lives in the Palacio de la Zarzuela, on the outskirts of Madrid.