Translation of lining in Spanish:
- (of clothes, suitcase) forro (masculine); (of brakes) forro (masculine), guarnición (feminine); [Technology/Tecnología] revestimiento (masculine)Example sentences
- Lipid surface linings have also a key role of preventing contact formation, thus sustaining the membrane integrity by virtue of repulsive interactions between hydrated headgroups.
- Those that arise from surface linings of organs are the commonest group and are called carcinomas.
- In recent articles, two terrific writers whose work has graced this paper have seen silver linings in the recall movement that just plain aren't there.
- The denims were cut so short that the pocket linings were hanging out in the open and gently wafting on the breeze.
- It is a specialist cotton and polycotton weaving firm which makes shirts, coat linings and raincoats for major fashion labels.
- Jackets in felt and printed denim have unfinished and reversed seams with bright red linings for men.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is the Día de los Santos Inocentes, a religious festival celebrated in the Spanish-speaking world to commemorate the New Testament story of the massacre of the "Innocents", by playing practical jokes, or inocentadas, on one another. The classic inocentada is to hang paper dolls on someone's back without their knowing. Spoof news stories also appear in newspapers and the media.