- 1 1.1 (of items) shopping/guest listthe active list (Military)lista de la compra/de invitadosto cross something/somebody off the listel personal en servicio activo del ejércitothat's top/bottom of the listtachar algo/a alguien de la listato be high/low on the list (matter/problem)eso es lo primero/último que tenemos que hacer ( or pensar etc)the A-list, B-listtener/no tener prioridadla lista A, lista BExample sentences1.2 (books published) a strong educational list
un importante catálogo de títulos educativos
- He used the names on his ID list to transfer thousands of pounds from their credit card accounts into the fraudulent accounts.
- The list of names is under constant review in each area, by a group made up of representatives from participating agencies.
- Filing is going to join the growing list of things I no longer do.
- 1 (enumerate)(names/events/ingredients)hacer una lista de(verbally)Example sentences
- Below I've listed the reasons why I think the British public has been prepared on this occasion to dig so deeply.
- In each of them the voters will cast a ballot for the party they prefer and will list the four candidates they have chosen.
- As well, there is a section listing a variety of therapies and practitioners who specialize in back problems.
- 2 (include) he's/it's not listedhe's listed as missingno aparece or figura en la listalisted building (in UK)figura en la lista de desaparecidosedificio (masculine) protegido(por su interés histórico o arquitectónico)Example sentences
- Under Employment companies are listed alphabetically by name within the United States, then in other countries.
- Species available when developing the key are listed alphabetically in the Appendix.
- Within genera, species are listed chronologically in the order they were named.
- (Nautical)Example sentences
- In a second life-saving air-sea rescue, 16 Russian seamen were plucked from a 6000 ton cargo ship listing heavily in a force nine gale off the Devon coast yesterday.
- Was it her imagination, or was the ship listing to one side?
- The ship was listing to one side in its resting place, at the end of the long, deep furrow it had plowed up in the valley.
- (Nautical) a starboard list, a list to starboarduna escora a estriborExample sentences
- The gallery walls are lined with marine ply, angled to give an echo of the list of a Ship under sail.
- The hull has broken amidships and the wreck has a slight list to port either side of the break.
- Due to the list, the bulkhead door of the engine-room would not close properly and the compartment was slowly but steadily flooding.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the